Wheel of Knowledge: Primary Care Edition (Recorded at Pri-Med South)
This interactive session will review common questions that come up in primary care through a wheel game format. Faculty will cover a variety of topics including obstructive sleep apnea, thyroid disease, LGBTQ health, dizziness, adolescent health, as well as current hot topics in medicine.
Please note that any data, indications, and guidelines presented in this activity are current as of the recording/release on 2/8/2020, and they are subject to change as new information is published.
- Diagnose and treat obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) effectively.
- Use appropriate terms related to LGBTQ individuals and identify who qualifies for PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis).
- Appropriately evaluate adolescents with potential EVALI (e-cigarette or vaping product associated lung injury)
- Review the regular immunizations for adolescents
- Determine when and how to treat abnormal thyroid function tests
- Review thyroid changes in pregnancy
- Identify common causes of dizziness and the pick appropriate treatments
Charles Vega, MD, FAAFP
Health Sciences Clinical Professor
UC Irvine Department of Family Medicine
Assistant Dean for Culture and Community Education
Executive Director, UC Irvine Program in Medical Education for the Latino Community
UC Irvine School of Medicine
The following relevant financial relationships have been disclosed by faculty:
Charles Vega, MD, FAAFP
No financial relationships disclosed.
Non-faculty contributors involved in the planning, development, editing, and review of the content have disclosed no relevant financial relationships.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Pri-Med Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Pri-Med Institute designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is offered through Pri-Med.
To take this course you will be redirected to Pri-Med's website. You must login or create an account with Pri-Med in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird works to provide curated, high quality content to our users. Have a suggestion? Want to partner with us? Get in touch!