This training was created to educate healthcare providers, bolstering knowledge of varied topics of cultural competency. The course will be interactive, comprehensive, and taught by knowledgeable public health professionals. Our training is approved by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and the Bureau of Health Care Quality and Compliance (HCQC) as required by legislation and provided to the medical facility provider(s) within 30 days of hire or start of contract. Providers and facilities will have the opportunity to renew their training credentials through our training program annually.
Currently, our training is offered online via Zoom.
- The training is 9 hours in length and was designed to be taught in-person or online using online meeting/webinar platforms;
- The presentation will meet ADA compliance;
- Peer-to-peer discussion, video presentations, and other interactive components are incorporated throughout the training;
- Use of an online format such as Zoom will allow instructors to form small groups to allow for peer-to-peer discussion, private questions to the instructor, and video presentation.
- The course instructors are knowledgeable and experienced public health advocates of Cultural Competency that meet all requirements set forth by the State Board of Health.
All presenters, planners or anyone in a position to control the content of this continuing medical education activity have indicated that neither they nor their spouse/legally recognized domestic partner has any financial relationships with commercial interests related to the content of this activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine and Nevada Primary Care Association. The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education to physicians.
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine designates this live for a maximum of 9 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physician assistants, nurse practitioners and nurses may participate in this educational activity and earn a certificate of completion, as AAPA, AANP, and ANCC accept AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ through their reciprocity agreements.
- 9.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is offered through Nevada Cultural Competency.
To take this course you will be redirected to Nevada Cultural Competency's website. You must login or create an account with Nevada Cultural Competency in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird works to provide curated, high quality content to our users. Have a suggestion? Want to partner with us? Get in touch