TeleMental Health Professional Orientation
This course reduces risk and provides education and competency to meet regulatory and licensure requirements for practitioners providing telemental health services to patients. Understanding the evolution, public health opportunity, ethical practices, integrative approaches with primary and specialty care, along with the ethical responsibilities in different telemental health settings providing a basis for the service line and patient care coordination.
TeleMental Health Professional Orientation Part 1
- Evolution of Telemental Health
- Settings for Telemental Health
- Terminology Relevant to Telemental Health
- Technological Modalities
TeleMental Health Professional Orientation Part 2
- Public Health Need
- Integrative Approach
- Disclosure Process
TeleMental Health Professional Orientation Part 3
- Differences of TMH and Non TMH Practices
- Social Media Ethical Guidelines
- Apply Ethical Practices to Manage Practitioner Biases and Values
- Distinguish between various technological modalities.
- Use telemental health as part of an integrative approach.
- Implement the disclosure process.
- Use ethical guidelines with social media.
- Apply ethical practices to manage practitioner values and biases.
- Terminology relevant to telemental health.
- Differences between telemental health and non telemental health practices.
- The public need for telemental health.
- The evolution of telemental health.
- The different settings for telemental practices.
- The telemental health disclosure process.
- The ethical responsibility within the disclosure process.
- The ethical responsibilities toward ongoing training, knowledge, and supervision.
Robert Maxwell, MD
George Martin, MD, MSHA
David Joyce, MD, MBA
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of MedChi, The Maryland State Medical Society, and MedEd-Stat. MedChi is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CME Designation Statement
MedChi The Maryland State Medical Society designates this Online enduring educational activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Planner Disclosure Statement:
The planners for this activity have reported no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Presenter Disclosure Statement:
The presenters of this CME course have reported no relevant financial relationships to disclose. They will not be referencing any off-label uses of product or devices.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is offered through CCHE. To take this course you will be redirected to CCHE's website. You must login or create an account with CCHE in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird members receive a 10% discount for all activities on CCHE. This code will be sent to you by email, please use this code at checkout.
Mocingbird is pleased to provide our members with discounted access to highly respected and awarded educational partners.