Suicide Prevention and Intervention
This course (Suicide Prevention and Intervention – 6 Hours) is on the model list and meets the requirement for the State of Washington mandatory suicide prevention training for all healthcare professionals (RCW 43.70.442). This course is approved by the Washington State Department of Health to meet the Suicide Prevention and Intervention 6 hour requirement for compliance with Washington State law (RCW 43.70.442).
6 Hours Training Syllabus
- Module 1: Prevalence of Suicide in Washington State and the US
- Module 2: Screening & Assessment of Risk Factors Associated with Suicide
- Module 3: Referrals: Best Practices for Connecting the Client/Patient to Referral
- Module 4: Management of Patient, Treatment Modalities, Continuity of Care & Suicide Prevention Strategies
- Module 5: Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Prevention Framework
- Module 6: Imminent Harm by Lethal Means
Target Audience: All Healthcare Professionals.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- The epidemiology and etiology of suicidal behavior.
- The risk factors associated with suicide.
- The process of screening ad assessment to determine risk for suicide.
- The management of patients at risk for suicide.
- Treatment modalities that may be used for persons at risk for suicide.
- The public health approach for suicide prevention, including primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention strategies.
- Veteran population specific epidemiologic data, risk factors, protective factors, and interventions.
- The lethal means from self-injurious behaviors, recognizing self-injurious behaviors, assessing intent, objects, substances, and actions common in suicide attempts, restricting access to lethal means, intervening at suicide hotspots, safe storage practices, and counseling on access to lethal means.
6 Contact Hours
This course fulfills Washington State Department Health Mandated Suicide Prevention Training Requirement for All Healthcare Professionals. Some licensing board do/don’t count this mandatory requirement towards required CE hours for license renewal, please check with your licensing board to use mandatory hours to be counted for CE requirements.
- 6.00 Contact hours
This course is offered through Biologix Solutions.
To take this course you will be redirected to Biologix Solutions' website. You must login or create an account with Biologix Solutions in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird works to provide curated, high quality content to our users. Have a suggestion? Want to partner with us? Get in touch!