Suicide Assessment and Prevention
The purpose of this course is to educate physicians about the latest evidence-based practices for assessing suicide risk and managing at-risk patients with non-pharmacological and pharmacological therapies. The course includes focused learning on specific populations at high risk of suicide, including Veterans and active-duty military personnel, older adults, and physicians.
- Assess a patient’s suicide risk and collaboratively determine the best treatment method.
- Describe strategies to minimize the risk of future suicide attempts.
- Explain the concept of patient-centered care in the context of suicide prevention.
- Describe the specific challenges of managing suicide in the population of Veterans and active-duty military personnel.
InforMed is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
InforMed designates this enduring material for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification (MOC) information can be viewed here: MOC Recognition Page
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is offered through Elite Learning.
To take this course you will be redirected to Elite Learning website. You must login or create an account with Elite Learning in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird works to provide curated, high quality content to our users. Have a suggestion? Want to partner with us? Get in touch