Sports Medicine Scored and Recorded Self-Assessment Examination 2021 Online
This examination will test your ability to work through complex problem-solving Sports Medicine cases. A comprehensive and diverse range of topics will be covered, that includes articular cartilage and ligament and meniscus disorders of the knee, shoulder instability and rotator cuff injury, femoroacetabular impingement and hip arthroscopy, and common sports medicine injuries of the elbow and ankle in the throwing and running athlete. In addition to orthopaedic sports medicine, the examination delves into common medical injuries/conditions encountered by the Team Physician such as concussion and heat-induced illness. Content areas such as the pediatric and throwing athlete will be covered in addition to a wide array of challenging diagnostic imaging questions.
Completing this examination will help you:
- Diagnose, evaluate, and treat sports medicine related knee injuries.
- Determine the most likely surgical outcome and potential complications of common sports medicine procedures.
- Describe the diagnosis and treatment of athletic conditions of the hip, shoulder, elbow, and ankle.
- Formulate diagnosis and treatment plans for medical conditions encountered in the practice of sports medicine.
- Interpret the medical literature and apply sound decision making and evidence-based principles to the application of surgical practice.
- Identify common and somewhat uncommon anatomical structures and their associated patho-anatomy.
Jonathan D. Packer, MD, FAAOS
Self-Assessment in MOC
Credits earned by completing this Scored and Recorded Special Interest Self-Assessment Examinations can be applied to the scored and recorded self-assessment requirements as mandated by the ABOS Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process and will count toward the CME credit requirement, as well.
For further details, please visit AAOS and register for this course.
- 10.00 MOC
- 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is offered through American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).
To take this course you will be redirected to AAOS's website. You must login or create an account with AAOS in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird works to provide curated, high quality content to our users. Have a suggestion? Want to partner with us? Get in touch!