PALS – Pediatric Advanced Life Support
This activity aims to provide instructional material to physicians and other healthcare professionals to guide them in performing Advanced Pediatric Life Support. Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to analyze and treat respiratory and cardiopulmonary emergencies to reduce number of fatal outcomes.
Please note: some organizations require your PALS certification to be completed in person. Please check with your hospital or organization to confirm that this online course is eligible to renew your PALS certification.
This activity is intended for physicians and other healthcare professionals who may need to recognize and treat pediatric patients suffering from respiratory and cardiopulmonary emergencies.
- Identify basis for Pediatric Advanced Life Saving treatment
- Recognize and perform effective high quality BLS
- Apply team dynamics and develop effective communication skills as part of a high-performance team
- Recognize respiratory distress/failure and importance of early intervention
- Recognition, treatment, and management of pediatric shock
- Recognition and management of pediatric bradycardia and tachycardia
- Recognition and management of pediatric cardiac arrest
- Knowledge of importance of post-resuscitation support
- Identify abnormal heart rhythms
Brooke Dulka, PhD – Author
Susanne Danis, APRN-C. CDE - Reviewer
Raghavendra Kulkarni, MD – Reviewer
Cyrus Yau, MD – Editor
Paige Fillio, PA - Contributor
TeamHealth Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME™) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is offered through medtigo. To take this course you will be redirected to medtigo's website. You must have an account with medtigo in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird continues to work with our CME partner network to provide courses directly to you. We appreciate your patience as we work toward that goal!