Pain and Symptom Management -- Update on the Opioid Crisis 2019 (Fulfills the 1-time training on opioids and other controlled substances awareness)
Completion of this webinar fulfills the new (effective January 4, 2019) one-time license requirement for opioid and other controlled substances awareness training standards for prescribers and dispensers of controlled substances.
This course covers:
- Use of opioids and other controlled substances.
- Integration of treatments.
- Alternative treatments for pain management.
- Counseling patients on the effects and risks associated with using opioids and other controlled substances.
- The stigma of addiction.
- Utilizing the Michigan Automated Prescription System (MAPS).
- State and federal laws regarding prescribing and dispensing controlled substances.
- Security features and proper disposal requirements for prescriptions.
Carl Christensen, MD, PhD, D-FASAM, FACOG, cMRO, Clinical Associate Professor, Departments of Psychiatry and OB Gyn, WSU School of Medicine
Speaker: Carl Christensen, MD, PhD, D-FASAM, FACOG, cMRO, does not have relevant financial relationships.
Planner: Stacey Hettiger does not have relevant financial relationships.
Planner: Beth Elliott does not have relevant financial relationships.
The Michigan State Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: The Michigan State Medical Society designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is offered through Michigan State Medical Society.
To take this course you will be redirected to Michigan State Medical Society's website. You must login or create an account with Michigan State Medical Society in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird works to provide curated, high quality content to our users. Have a suggestion? Want to partner with us? Get in touch