The Ohio Healthcare Provider Medical Marijuana Course Bundle for Certification (or maintenance of the CTR) PLUS
The Ohio Healthcare Provider Medical Marijuana Course Bundle for Certification (or maintenance of the CTR) PLUS is certified by the Ohio State Medical Association and satisfies the CME requirements for the initial Ohio Certificate to Recommend (CTR) application or for maintenance of the CTR.
This bundle introduces the reader to the endocannabinoid system and its interaction with the components of the cannabis plant, and addresses various aspects of medical marijuana, including administration, therapeutic use, drug metabolism, physiologic and cognitive effects, potential risks, and drug interactions.
The use of marijuana in obstetric patients, pediatric patients, adolescent patients and elderly patients is discussed in detail. Important considerations for patients with ischemic heart disease, hepatic disease, psychotic illness, and those with a history of drug dependence are provided.
This course bundle also addresses the use of cannabidiol (CBD) in clinical care, and the information will assist clinicians in effectively treating and counseling CBD consumers. The physiological effects of CBD, CBD drug interactions, CBD’s side effects, and the conditions for which CBD has been shown by evidence-based clinical studies to be efficacious are all discussed in this course bundle.
The Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program rules and regulations are outlined in a state-specific course, as well.
The Ohio Healthcare Provider Medical Marijuana Course Bundle for Certification (or maintenance of the CTR) PLUS includes two multi-accredited (ACCME, ANCC, ACPE, AANP, APA and AGD PACE credits) courses:
- A Nationally Approved CME/CE Medical Marijuana Course – 3 CME/CE credits
- CBD in Clinical Care – 2 CME/CE credits
And one state-specific course:
- Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Control Program Qualifying Conditions
Subscribers can complete the curriculum and refer back to the content at any point during their 12-month subscription period.
Table of Contents:
A Nationally Approved CME/CE Medical Marijuana Course is comprised of 5 lessons:
- Lesson 1: The Endocannabinoid System and Phytocannabinoids
- Lesson 2: Marijuana Products, Modes of Administration and Pharmacology
- Lesson 3: Precautions: The Use of Cannabinoid-based Drugs in Special Patient Populations
- Lesson 4: Precautions: Cannabinoid-based Drug Metabolism and Potential Cannabinoid-based Drug Interactions
- Lesson 5: Physiologic and Cognitive Effects of Marijuana
CBD in Clinical Care is comprised of 4 lessons:
- Lesson 1: CBD Interacts with Multiple Signaling Systems
- Lesson 2: Drug:Drug Interactions, CBD Pharmacology, and CBD Products
- Lesson 3: Clinical Applications
- Lesson 4: The CBD Consumer Should Know
Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Control Program Qualifying Conditions:
- Lesson 1: Ohio’s Qualifying Conditions
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Describe the endocannabinoid system
- Discuss the components of the endocannabinoid system
- List some of the many functions of the endocannabinoid system
- Define cannabis
- Define marijuana
- Define hemp
- Define phytocannabinoid
- Describe some of the phytocannabinoids
- List a variety of marijuana products
- Describe various modes of marijuana administration
- Describe the pharmacokinetic profile of marijuana for several modes of administration
- Discuss the use of cannabinoid-based drugs in patients with a history of psychotic illness
- Discuss the use of cannabinoid-based drugs in patients with ischemic heart disease
- Discuss the use of cannabinoid-based drugs in patients with hepatic disease
- Discuss the use of cannabinoid-based drugs in patients with a history of drug abuse
- Discuss the use of cannabinoid-based drugs in patients with a hypersensitivity to cannabis-based products
- Discuss the use of cannabinoid-based drugs in obstetric patients
- Discuss the use of cannabinoid-based drugs in pediatric/adolescent patients
- Discuss the use of cannabinoid-based drugs in elderly patients
- List the enzymes responsible for the metabolism of three phytocannabinoids (THC, CBD and CBN)
- Identify clinically significant drug interactions that may occur with cannabinoid-based drugs
- List multiple factors that influence the physiologic and cognitive effects of marijuana
- Discuss the physiologic effects of marijuana
- Discuss the cognitive effects of marijuana
- Describe how marijuana affects CNS function
- Describe how marijuana affects appetite and metabolism
- Describe how marijuana affects gastrointestinal function
- Describe how marijuana affects cardiovascular function
- Describe how marijuana affects the reproductive system
- Describe how marijuana affects the eye
- Describe how cannabidiol (CBD), a cannabis product, interacts with the endocannabinoid system and other receptor systems
- Describe the metabolism of CBD
- List some of CBD’s potential drug:drug interactions
- List the potential adverse events associated with CBD consumption
- Explain the current scientific evidence supporting the clinical use of CBD
Meredith Fisher-Corn, MD
The Answer Page, Inc
Email: [email protected]
This course has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of multiple accreditation boards. This curriculum offers up to 5.0 hours of ACCME, ANCC, ACPE, AANP, APA and AGD PACE credits. This activity is jointly provided by Global Education Group and The Answer Page, Inc. ACCME, ANCC, ACPE, and AGD accreditation expires May 21, 2023. APA and AANP accreditation expires May 21, 2022. Full accreditation information is available upon purchase.
Instructions for Obtaining Credit
In order to receive credit, participants must complete all course lessons. Participants must also score at least 70% on each chapter quiz. Upon completion of all lessons and quizzes, you must also complete the evaluation form. Your certificate will be available to download upon completion of the evaluation.
- 5.00 AANP Contact Hours
- 5.00 ACPE Pharmacy
- 5.00 AGD
- 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 5.00 ANCC
- 5.00 APA
Mocingbird members get an additional 10% discount on all TheAnswerPage courses. Use the discount code "MOC10" to claim the additional 10% discount before you check out from your cart.
To take this course you will be redirected to TheAnswerPage's website. Simply create a free account with TheAnswerPage in order to complete this activity. You can even use your same Mocingbird username and password to create the account.
Mocingbird is pleased to provide our members with discounted access to highly respected and awarded educational partners.