NASCEND | TIC (Trauma Informed Care)
How to redeem the Mocingbird member discount: click on take the course link and 10% discount is automatically applied.
The TIC course will help all levels of healthcare recognize and understand trauma and its impact on patients, families, and the healthcare community. The training will discuss how providers can implement a trauma informed approach to care in day to day patient interactions and provide a special focus on improving care for women with both a trauma history and substance use disorder.
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Trauma-Informed Care - Part 2
This bundle is also available as part of the NASCEND Continuum, a comprehensive online curriculum to educate healthcare professionals on the growing epidemic of substance use disorder (SUD) and its impact from pregnancy to pediatrics on the mom, the infant and the family.
NASCEND's top-quality training helps healthcare providers treat substance exposed infants more effectively and efficiently, leading to better outcomes including an improved experience for families; higher care provider satisfaction; and significant cost savings for the healthcare system.
- Nursing staff – nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse managers/directors, nurse educators
- Physicians – neonatologists, pediatricians, obstetricians, addiction specialists
- Other providers – speech therapists, music therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, social workers, addiction support staff
- Other community resources – Child Protective Services staff
- Define & recognize trauma & PTSD
- Recognize adverse childhood experiences & its impact in adulthood
- Implement a trauma-informed approach to care in your organization
The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
A maximum of 2.00 contact hours may be earned for successful completion of this activity.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 ANCC
This course is offered through NASCEND.
To take this course you will be redirected to NASCEND's website. You must login or create an account with NASCEND in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird members receive a 10% discount for all activities on NASCEND. This discount will automatically apply at checkout!
Mocingbird is pleased to provide our members with discounted access to highly respected and awarded educational partners. Have a suggestion? Want to partner with us? Get in touch!