NASCEND | Comfort Care & Music
How to redeem the Mocingbird member discount: click on take the course link and 10% discount is automatically applied.
This course will provide a comfort first, infant driven approach to non-pharmacological care for opioid exposed infants (OEI). Training includes the benefits of lullabies and guidelines to implement a non-therapeutic music program for OEI.
- Comfort First: Improving Outcomes for Substance Exposed Infants
- Music for Improved Outcomes in Substance Exposed Infants
- Engaging Parents in Infant's Care with Music
This bundle is also available as part of the NASCEND Continuum, a comprehensive online curriculum to educate healthcare professionals on the growing epidemic of substance use disorder (SUD) and its impact from pregnancy to pediatrics on the mom, the infant and the family.
NASCEND's top-quality training helps healthcare providers treat substance exposed infants more effectively and efficiently, leading to better outcomes including an improved experience for families; higher care provider satisfaction; and significant cost savings for the healthcare system.
- Nursing staff – nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse managers/directors, nurse educators
- Physicians – neonatologists, pediatricians, obstetricians, addiction specialists
- Other providers – speech therapists, music therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, social workers, addiction support staff
- Other community resources – Child Protective Services staff
- Discuss known & innovative comfort first techniques that improve outcomes
- Implement music as a comfort measure
- Learn music strategies to engage parents in care
- Understand music’s role in neuroprotection, developmental skills & language development
The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
A maximum of 3.00 contact hours may be earned for successful completion of this activity.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.00 ANCC
This course is offered through NASCEND.
To take this course you will be redirected to NASCEND's website. You must login or create an account with NASCEND in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird members receive a 10% discount for all activities on NASCEND. This discount will automatically apply at checkout!
Mocingbird is pleased to provide our members with discounted access to highly respected and awarded educational partners. Have a suggestion? Want to partner with us? Get in touch!