Implicit Bias Implications for Physicians and Healthcare Professionals
Completion of this course will better enable the course participant to:
- Know how the history of race in America informs the development of racial implicit bias.
- Explain the definition of implicit bias and how it differs from explicit bias.
- Describe factors that contribute to the development of implicit bias.
- Describe research related to the impact of implicit bias on the clinical encounter and patient referrals.
- Describe the relationship between racial implicit bias and healthcare disparities.
- Describe strategies to mitigate the impact of implicit bias in decision making.
InforMed is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
InforMed designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification (MOC) information can be viewed here: MOC Recognition Page
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is offered through Elite Learning.
To take this course you will be redirected to Elite Learning's website. You must login or create an account with Elite Learning in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird works to provide curated, high quality content to our users. Have a suggestion? Want to partner with us? Get in touch