Hospice and Palliative Care Self-Study Package - 1st Edition
As the aging population of the U.S. increases, so does the need for hospice and palliative care.
Recorded at an AAFP live course, the AAFP’s Hospice and Palliative Care Self-Study Package is an evidence-based, focused learning solution built to help you explore key hospice and palliative areas.
Topics include advanced care planning, referrals, nutrition and hydration, symptom management, last hours, grief and bereavement, and more—on a schedule that works best for you.
Approved for up to 10.25 AAFP Prescribed credits. CME credit approved through April 12, 2024.
Upon completion of this CME activity, you should be able to:
- Identify patients with hospice and/or palliative care needs well in advance of imminent death to promote optimal quality of life during the end stages of disease.
- Determine individual practice model of care for provision of hospice and palliative care.
- Effectively communicate with patients in families in areas including ethical and legal issues, disease progression, and shared decision making by provision of medical expertise with regard to risks/benefits of treatment options and effect on quality and quantity of life.
- Provide palliative care and symptom management throughout the continuum of illness with consideration of physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs.
- Provide adequate comfort measures and anticipatory guidance to patients and their families at the time of imminent death.
The AAFP has reviewed Hospice and Palliative Care Ed 1.1 and deemed it acceptable for up to 10.25 Enduring Materials, Self-Study AAFP Prescribed credit. Term of Approval is from 4/12/2021 to 4/12/2024. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Enduring Material activity for a maximum of 10.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
- 10.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is offered through American Academy of Family Physicians. To take this course you will be redirected to American Academy of Family Physicians' website. You must have an account with American Academy of Family Physicians in order to complete this activity.
MOCINGBIRD continues to work with our CME partner network to provide courses directly to you. We appreciate your patience as we work toward that goal!