HOPE AGAINST SUICIDE
The goal of this two (2) hour course is to introduce seasoned and novice healthcare providers to evidence-based strategies focused on the:
- Identification of suicide risk and protective factors
- Development of suicide risk and lethality assessment skills
- Ability to engage in reflective practice to promote professional development and improved patient outcomes
- Evaluation of the care and safety of patients struggling with thoughts of self-harm
- Educational needs of the patient and family members
- Development of interventions designed to assist the patient in their recovery
The passing grade is 75%
Kim Maryniak, PhD, MSN, BN, RNC-NIC, NEA_BC
RN.come strives to keep its content fair and unbiased.
The author(s), planning committee, and reviewer have no conflicts of interest in relation to this course material.
There is not commercial support used in the development of this course material.
There is no 'off label' usage of drugs or products discussed in this course.
You may find that both generic and trade names are used in the courses produced by RN.com. The use of trade names does not indicate any preference of one trade named agent or company over another. Trade names are provided to enhance recognition. of agents described in the course.
NOTE: All dosages given are for adults unless otherwise stated. The information on medications contained in this course is not meant to be prescriptive or all encompassing. You are encouraged to consult with physicians and pharmacists about all medication issues or concerns for your patients.
- 2.00 Participation
This course is offered through RN.com.
To take this course you will be redirected to RN.com's website. You must login or create an account with RN.com in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird works to provide curated, high quality content to our users. Have a suggestion? Want to partner with us? Get in touch