HIV/AIDS in Florida
This course on HIV/AIDS addresses modes of transmission, infection control procedures, epidemiology, clinical management, prevention, and current Florida laws and protocols related to testing, treatment, reporting and partner notification. In addition, the speaker will provide information about the Florida Department of Health's current efforts to eliminate HIV transmission and reduce HIV related deaths.
• Understand HIV/AIDS epidemiology and immunopathogenesis in Florida and the United States
• Follow infection control procedures (including universal precautions)
• Recognize Florida's HIV testing statutes and the importance of routine testing for HIV infection
• Describe best practices and treatment guidelines for clinical management of infected patients
• Recommend HIV prevention strategies currently in use to stem infection rates of HIV
Tra'Chella Johnson Foy, MD, is an experienced, board-certified family physician with more than a decade of experience who focuses on compassionate, patient centered care. Dr. Johnson Foy completed her residency at the Mayo Clinic Jacksonville and is a trained diabetes master clinician with expertise in most chronic disease conditions.
- IUD/Mirena insertions and removals
- NEW: Online doctor visits
- Family Medicine
- Women's Health
- Adolescent medicine
- Weight Management
Dr. Johnson Foy has no relevant financial relationships to report.
The Florida Medical Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Florida Medical Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is offered through Florida Medical Association.
To take this course you will be redirected to Florida Medical Association's website. You must login or create an account with Florida Medical Association in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird works to provide curated, high quality content to our users. Have a suggestion? Want to partner with us? Get in touch!