Guidance on Professional Boundaries and Sexual Misconduct
Completion of this course will better enable the course participant to:
- Understand requirements for qualified chaperones, intimate exam recommendations, and respectful communication with patients.
- Describe types of sexual misconduct and how to maintain appropriate boundaries with patients.
- Understand professional boundaries in practice, including recognizing prevalence and underreporting of sexual misconduct.
- Identify the ethical and legal imperatives as well as appropriate channels to report sexual misconduct and understand what is meant by trauma-informed care.
InforMed is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
InforMed designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification (MOC) information can be viewed here: MOC Recognition Page
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is offered through Elite Learning.
To take this course you will be redirected to Elite Learning's website. You must login or create an account with Elite Learning in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird works to provide curated, high quality content to our users. Have a suggestion? Want to partner with us? Get in touch