Domestic Violence for Physicians & Physician Assistants
This course is designed to increase awareness among health care professionals of the prevalence of domestic violence, the categories of domestic violence that they may encounter in their practice, how to recognize the signs of domestic violence, and their obligations for reporting known or suspected domestic violence.
Medical Doctor, Physician Assistant
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Define domestic violence
- Describe the various categories of domestic violence
- Identify underlying motivating factors that contribute to domestic violence
- Describe the prevalence of domestic violence in the United States
- Describe the phases of the domestic abuse cycle
- Identify groups at high risk for domestic violence
- Describe common characteristics of both domestic violence victims and perpetrators
- Identify common warning signs of domestic violence
- Describe best practices in screening for domestic violence and assessing the needs of domestic violence victims
- Identify the role of the health care professional in reporting domestic violence and assisting victims
Dr. Robert Surratt, MD
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Continuing Education Company, Inc. (CEC) and AchieveCE. Continuing Education Company, Inc. (CEC) is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This course awards 2 ABIM MOC Points.
This course’s credit expiration date is 1/18/2023 and the ACCME ID # is 201586745.
FL Board of Medicine
FL Physician Assistants
Approval No. 50-20641
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
- 2.00 MOC
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Mocingbird members get an additional 10% discount on all AchieveCE courses. Use the discount code "MOC10" to claim the additional 10% discount before you check out from your cart.
To take this course you will be redirected to AchieveCE's website. Simply create a free account with AchieveCE in order to complete this activity. You can even use your same Mocingbird username and password to create the account.
Mocingbird is pleased to provide our members with discounted access to highly respected and awarded educational partners.