Digital Therapeutics: Technological Advances in Pain Medicine
The increase in electronic drug delivery systems has led to both innovations and challenges. By uses an aerosolized approach to nicotine delivery, a “safer” alternative to traditional tobacco products was promised, but not necessarily delivered. Unfortunately, while arguably a less harmful drug delivery system, the jury is out as to the long terms effects of these systems. Of course, nicotine is not the only drug suitable for vape delivery. Cannabinoid products are now widely available; sometimes from reputable vendors, sometimes not. Participants in this presentation will gain an understanding of the technology behind “noncombusted” pulmonary drug delivery systems with a particular emphasis on nicotine (e-cigarettes) as well as cannabinoid products.
- Review the evolving field of medical technology
- Discuss digital therapeutics (DTx) use in the mental health and substance abuse populations
- Identify mental health and substance abuse needs pre and post Covid
- Cite the benefits for DTx use in the mental health and substance abuse populations
- Explore the potential intersection of DTx for mental health and chronic pain
Lantie Elisabeth Jorandby, MD
Chief Medical Officer
Addiction Treatment and Recovery
- 1.00 AANP Contact Hours
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacy
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC
- 1.00 APA
Mocingbird members get an additional 10% discount on all Tarsus Medical Education - Pain Week courses. Use the discount code "MOC10" to claim the additional 10% discount before you check out from your cart.
To take this course you will be redirected to Tarsus Medical Education's website. Simply create a free account with Tarsus Medical Education in order to complete this activity. You can even use your same Mocingbird username and password to create the account.
Mocingbird is pleased to provide our members with discounted access to highly respected and awarded educational partners.