Diagnosing on the Spectrum: Alzheimer's Disease and Lewy Body Dementia
During this session, the presenter will discuss Lewy body dementia, a progressive dementia resulting from protein deposits in nerve cells of the brain that affects >200,000 people in the US yearly. The course will cover how it differs from dementia with Lewy bodies, and the neuropathology of each will be explained. The protocol for diagnosis, along with core symptoms and supporting clinical features, will be described. Also to be discussed: available medications for these patients, and highlights from current research.
- Differentiate Lewy body dementia (LBD) and dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB)
- Explain the neuropathology of LBD/DLB
- Outline the protocol for LBD/DLB diagnosis
- Describe core symptoms and supporting clinical features of LBD/DLB
- List available medications to treat symptoms of LBD/DLB
- Discuss current research on LBD/DLB
Yasar Torres-Yaghi, MD
Associate Professor of Neurology
Georgetown University Medical Center
- Consulting Fee (e.g., Advisory Board): AbbVie, Abbott, Acorda, Amneal, Medtronic, Acadia, Adamas, USWORLDMEDS, Biogen
- Speakers' Bureau: AbbVie,Abbott, Acorda, Amneal, Medtronic, Acadia, Adamas, USWorldMeds, Biogen
- 1.00 AAFP Prescribed
- 1.00 AANP Contact Hours
- 1.00 ACPE Pharmacy
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC
- 1.00 APA
Mocingbird members get an additional 10% discount on all Tarsus Medical Education - Pain Week courses. Use the discount code "MOC10" to claim the additional 10% discount before you check out from your cart.
To take this course you will be redirected to Tarsus Medical Education's website. Simply create a free account with Tarsus Medical Education in order to complete this activity. You can even use your same Mocingbird username and password to create the account.
Mocingbird is pleased to provide our members with discounted access to highly respected and awarded educational partners.