CBD in Clinical Care
Because of the widespread use of cannabidiol (CBD), it is likely that clinicians will encounter patients who use this cannabis product. It is important that clinicians be familiar with the physiologic effects of CBD; its drug interactions; side effects; and for which conditions it has been shown by evidence-based clinical studies to be efficacious. This course is designed to acquaint clinicians with the information that will assist them in effectively treating and counseling CBD consumers.
Subscribers can complete the curriculum and refer back to the content at any point during their 12-month subscription period.
Table of Contents:
CBD in Clinical Care is comprised of 4 lessons:
- Lesson 1: CBD Interacts with Multiple Signaling Systems
- Lesson 2: Drug:Drug Interactions, CBD Pharmacology, and CBD Products
- Lesson 3: Clinical Applications
- Lesson 4: The CBD Consumer Should Know
The educational design of this activity addresses the needs of physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, dentists, and psychologists interested in the use of cannabinoids.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Describe how cannabidiol (CBD), a cannabis product, interacts with the endocannabinoid system and other receptor systems
- Describe the metabolism of CBD
- List some of CBD’s potential drug:drug interactions
- List the potential adverse events associated with CBD consumption
- Explain the current scientific evidence supporting the clinical use of CBD
Meredith Fisher-Corn, MD
The Answer Page, Inc
Email: [email protected]
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/meredith-fisher-corn-m-d-93b5925a
This course has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of multiple accreditation boards. This curriculum offers up to 2.0 hours of ACCME, ANCC, ACPE, AANP, APA and AGD PACE credits. This activity is jointly provided by Global Education Group and The Answer Page, Inc. ACCME, ANCC, ACPE, and AGD accreditation expires May 21, 2023. APA and AANP accreditation expires May 21, 2022.Full accreditation information is available upon purchase.
- 2.00 AANP Contact Hours
- 2.00 ACPE Pharmacy
- 2.00 AGD
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 ANCC
- 2.00 APA
Mocingbird members get an additional 10% discount on all TheAnswerPage courses. Use the discount code "MOC10" to claim the additional 10% discount before you check out from your cart.
To take this course you will be redirected to TheAnswerPage's website. Simply create a free account with TheAnswerPage in order to complete this activity. You can even use your same Mocingbird username and password to create the account.
Mocingbird is pleased to provide our members with discounted access to highly respected and awarded educational partners.