This course discusses antibiotic resistance, the reasons for inappropriate prescribing and the role of the pharmacist in raising awareness of antibiotic resistance in the community.
Advanced Practice RN, Certified Nursing Assistant, Dental Hygienist, Dentist, Dietitian/Nutritionist, Licensed Midwife, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nutrition Counselor, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist, Physical Therapy Assistant, Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist
- Characterize the problem of antibiotic resistance and describe trends in antibiotic resistance among respiratory pathogens in the United States.
- List the most common reasons for inappropriate prescribing of antibiotics by health care providers.
- Describe how healthcare professionals can be involved in addressing antibiotic resistance in the community.
- Determine the healthcare professionals practice activity domains in public health initiatives and responses and promotion of safe medication use in society (CAPE 3-1-D-i).
- Identify the goals and objectives of the Get Smart: Know When Antibiotics Work program.
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Provider No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
- 6.00 Contact hours
Mocingbird members get an additional 10% discount on all AchieveCE courses. Use the discount code "MOC10" to claim the additional 10% discount before you check out from your cart.
To take this course you will be redirected to AchieveCE's website. Simply create a free account with AchieveCE in order to complete this activity. You can even use your same Mocingbird username and password to create the account.
Mocingbird is pleased to provide our members with discounted access to highly respected and awarded educational partners.