Texas Required Human Trafficking Training for Physicians and Physician Assistants
This course is designed for Texas physicians and physician assistants who may come into contact with and be called upon to intervene on behalf of victims of human trafficking within the scope of their practice.
Physician (MD and DO), Physician Assistant
- Define human trafficking.
- Discuss the prevalence of human trafficking within the United States.
- Describe common forms and venues of human trafficking.
- Identify common misconceptions regarding human trafficking.
- Identify risk factors that may contribute to someone becoming a victim of human trafficking.
- Describe common tactics used by perpetrators of human trafficking to recruit victims.
- Describe the various stages of the human trafficking process.
- Understand how to document findings from victims of human trafficking.
- Describe the psychological, social, and physical impact of human trafficking on victims.
- Describe the role of health care providers in identifying potential victims of human trafficking.
- Identify potential warning signs of human trafficking.
- Describe how to report known or suspected cases of human trafficking.
- Discuss laws and penalties for human trafficking.
- Identify strategies for preventing and increasing awareness of human trafficking.
Dr. Jamie Suratt
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Continuing Education Company, Inc. and AchieveCE. Continuing Education Company, Inc. is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Continuing Education Company, Inc. designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Expiration Date: 03/11/2023 (Date after which this enduring material is no longer certified for credit.)
Requirement for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™