SARS-CoV-2 Vaccines: Efficacy and Effectiveness
This two-hour course for health care providers provides an overview of vaccine development and practices as well as the latest information regarding the development and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines. This course provides health care professionals with an overview of the viral mutation process, why we should be concerned about viral variants, current information regarding known emerging variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19, and current public health guidance in response to these emerging variants.
Audiologist, Dental Professionals, Dietitian/Nutritionist, Nursing Professionals, Nutrition Counselor, Occupational Therapists, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, Speech-Language Pathologist
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the process for developing and testing vaccines and the various types of vaccines available in the United States.
- Identify the COVID-19 vaccines that are currently available as well as the guidelines for the storage, dosing, administration, and distribution of the vaccines.
- Recall current public health recommendations for individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Identify and define viral mutation & how virus variants are classified.
- Compare and contrast emerging SARS-CoV-2 viral variants.
- Identify how emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants may impact vaccine performance and other public health measures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of genomic and strain surveillance in protecting public health.
- Identify the possible consequences of virus mutation.
- Identify measures that vaccinated individuals should take in light of emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants.
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support. Jaimini Patel, RPH, PhD, MBA has no actual or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
2.0 Contact Hours
FL Board of Nursing
DC Board of Nursing
FL Board of Pharmacy
FL Board of Occupational Therapy
FL Board of Clinical Social Work,
Marriage and Family Therapy and
Mental Health Counseling
Florida Board of Speech-Language
Pathology and Audiology
FL Board of Dentistry
Approval No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported to CPE Monitor within 10 days of completion if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing, Florida Board of Nursing and the District of Columbia Board of Nursing.
- 2.00 Contact hours
Mocingbird members get an additional 10% discount on all AchieveCE courses. Use the discount code "MOC10" to claim the additional 10% discount before you check out from your cart.
To take this course you will be redirected to AchieveCE's website. Simply create a free account with AchieveCE in order to complete this activity. You can even use your same Mocingbird username and password to create the account.
Mocingbird is pleased to provide our members with discounted access to highly respected and awarded educational partners.