Pandemic Mental Health
During an infectious disease pandemic, health care officials are often so concerned with treating the physical effects of the disease and limiting its spread that they often overlook the very real psychological impacts of a pandemic, such as fear, anxiety, and depression. This course is designed to provide medical professionals with greater insight into the mental health impact of pandemics among patients, health care providers, and the general public.
Audiologist, Certified Nursing Assistant, Chemical Dependency Counselor, Clinical Lab Personnel, Dental Professional, Massage Therapist, Medical Doctor, Mental Health Professionals, Nurse Professional, Occupational Therapist, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, Physician Assistant, Respiratory Therapist, Speech-Language Pathologist
- Discuss the mental health impacts of pandemics.
- Describe common reactions to stressful or traumatic events.
- Identify healthy coping mechanisms that individuals can use to manage stress and anxiety during a crisis.
- Identify ways to manage the mental health needs of special populations, such as children, individuals at increased risk for mental health concerns, and health care workers and first responders.
- Identify ways in which health care providers and facilities can position themselves to respond to the mental health needs of patients during pandemics.
- Identify resources for providers who need additional information on mental health management and treatment during a crisis.
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
AchieveCE is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship/Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from September 1, 2022 to August 31, 2025.
AchieveCE is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268. AchieveCE is an approved provider from July 14, 2022 to July 14, 2025.
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
- 3.00 Contact hours