Mental Health of Veterans and their Families
This course is designed to provide health care professionals with an understanding of the mental health concerns facing veterans as well as an overview of best practices in screening and treating these patients.
Advanced Practice RN, Audiologist, Certified Nursing Assistant, Dental Hygienist, Dentist, Dietitian/Nutritionist, Licensed Practical Nurse, Mental Health Professionals, Nutrition Counselor, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Registered Nurse, Respiratory, Therapist, Speech-Language Pathologist
- Provide a demographic overview of current and former military members
- Describe the prevalence of various mental health issues among active duty military and veterans
- Identify barriers that may prevent veterans from seeking mental health care
- Describe why screening military personnel for mental health issues is so important
- Identify factors that put veterans at increased risk for mental health issues
- Describe the impact that mental health issues can have on veterans and their families
- Identify mental health treatment options available to veterans
- Identify issues that veterans and their families may face as they readjust and reintegrate following a deployment
- Identify mental health concerns that prevent a soldier from being deployed
- Describe symptoms indicating that a veteran may be suffering from a mental health issue
Faculty: Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Financial Support Disclosure:
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
Credits: 2.0 Contact Hours
Provider No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
CE Broker No. 20-682866
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
- 2.00 Contact hours
- 2.00 Participation
This course is offered through AchieveCE.
To take this course you will be redirected to AchieveCE's website. You must login or create an account with AchieveCE in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird works to provide curated, high quality content to our users. Have a suggestion? Want to partner with us? Get in touch