HIV/AIDS Infection Control
This course applies to all healthcare professionals and fulfills the one-time Florida Board requirement for HIV/AIDS by discussing patient care, infection control, testing, public perspectives and legal considerations related to HIV.
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Psychiatric Technician Nurse, Certified Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse, Registered Nurse Practitioner, Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic, Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Podiatric Physician, Respiratory Care Practitioner Critical Care, Respiratory Care Practitioner Non-Critical Care, Certified Respiratory Therapist, Registered Respiratory Therapist, Dietitian/Nutritionist, Nutrition Counselor, Licensed Midwife, Diagnostic Radiological Physicist, Therapeutic Radiological Physicist, Medical Nuclear Radiological Physicist, Medical Health Physicist, Electrologist
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
- Define HIV and AIDS.
- Discuss the epidemiology of HIV and AIDS.
- Describe common modes of HIV transmission.
- Describe methods in which HIV may be transmitted in a health care setting.
- Discuss universal precautions and other infection control techniques that can reduce the risk of HIV transmission in health care settings.
- Identify common secondary infections and conditions associated with HIV and AIDS.
- Identify clinical strategies for the prevention and management of HIV and AIDS.
- Discuss federal and Florida laws pertaining to HIV and AIDS, including confidentiality of testing, the treatment of patients, partner notification and reporting requirements, and the offering of HIV testing to pregnant women.
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support.
1.0 Contact Hour
Provider No. 50-20641
AGD No. 386503
CA BRN No. 2020138
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE. AchieveCE does hold national accreditation from the Academy of General Dentistry. AchieveCE also is an approved provider of nursing CE from both the California Board of Nursing and the Florida Board of Nursing. For all other professions, this activity is only approved for Florida credit.
- 1.00 Contact hours
Mocingbird members get an additional 10% discount on all AchieveCE courses. Use the discount code "MOC10" to claim the additional 10% discount before you check out from your cart.
To take this course you will be redirected to AchieveCE's website. Simply create a free account with AchieveCE in order to complete this activity. You can even use your same Mocingbird username and password to create the account.
Mocingbird is pleased to provide our members with discounted access to highly respected and awarded educational partners.