Coronavirus Classification and Analysis
This course is designed to provide health care professionals with a basic understanding of the various types of human coronaviruses as well as their properties, classifications, and pathogenesis.
Advanced Practice RN, Audiologist, Certified Nursing Assistant, Clinical Lab Personnel, Dental Hygienist, Dentist, Dietitian/Nutritionist, Licensed Practical Nurse, Medical Doctor, Mental Health Professionals, Nutrition Counselor, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, Physician Assistant, Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist, Speech-Language Pathologist
- Discuss how coronaviruses were first identified and how our understanding of these viruses has evolved over the years.
- Describe the properties and classifications of human coronaviruses.
- Describe the basic structure of coronaviruses.
- Describe the pathogenesis of human coronaviruses and resulting immune response.
- Describe the types of coronaviruses that affect humans.
- Discuss the Center for Disease Control (CDC) 2006 recommendations for HIV testing as part of routine medical care.
- Contrast the prevalence of HIV in the US with that of Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Contrast the exposure categories for men and women in the US.
- Discuss antiretroviral medications and adherence.
- Describe post-exposure prophylaxis for occupational exposure to HIV and non-occupational exposure to HIV.
Jaimini Patel, RPH, PHD, MBA
AchieveCE is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. GNA Approved Provider Number is 4003268.
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts. Credits will be reported automatically to CE Broker if your license information is entered properly in your profile.
- 3.00 Contact hours