Best Practices for Treating Pain with Opioid Analgesics
To provide the fundamentals of acute and chronic pain management and a contextual framework for the safer prescribing of opioid analgesics that includes consideration of a full complement of non-opioid treatment options.
- Discuss pain and comorbidity assessments as appropriate to the individual patient and pain type and duration.
- Discuss an individualized treatment plan utilizing or considering a full range of medication and non-medication options.
- Identify risk or presence of OUD before initiating or continuing opioid therapy for pain.
- Describe signs and symptoms of OUD, proper treatment, and when to refer.
InforMed is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
InforMed designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification (MOC) information can be viewed here: MOC Recognition Page
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This course is offered through Elite Learning.
To take this course you will be redirected to Elite Learning website. You must login or create an account with Elite Learning in order to complete this activity.
Mocingbird works to provide curated, high quality content to our users. Have a suggestion? Want to partner with us? Get in touch